Here’s a healthy twist on scampi. We left out the butter and loaded the dish up with red peppers and asparagus for a refreshing spring meal. Serve with quinoa, wholewheat couscous or linguine.
Total Time: 35 minutes
- 4 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil, divided
- 2 large diced red peppers
- 2lbs asparagus, trimmed and cut into 1″ lengths
- 2 teaspoons freshly grated lemon zest
- ½ teaspoon salt, divided
- 5 cloves crushed garlic
- 1lb raw prawns, peeled and divided
- 1 cup reduced salt chicken stock
- 1 teaspoon cornflour
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
Heat 2 teaspoons oil in a large nonstick pan over medium-high heat.
Add peppers, asparagus, lemon zest and ¼ teaspoon salt and cook, stirring occasionally for about 6 minutes, until just beginning to soften.
Transfer the vegetables to a bowl and cover to keep warm.
Add the remaining 2 teaspoons oil and garlic to the pan and cook, stirring for about 30 seconds until fragrant.
Add prawns and cook for 1 minute whilst stirring. .
Whisk broth and cornflour in a small bowl until smooth and add to the pan along with the remaining ¼ teaspoon salt.
Continue stirring on the heat until the sauce has thickened slightly and the prawns are pink and just cooked through, about 2 minutes more.
Remove from the heat, and stir in lemon juice and parsley.
Serve the prawns and sauce over the vegetables.